Saturday, February 9, 2008

I caved in

so... obviously I have done a terrible job at keeping up with the whole weight loss thing. I suck so bad at this! If I didn't... I wouldn't be in this situation I guess. I am going to keep trying and trying and since I am so bad... I caved in. I joined Weight Watchers with my girlfriend who only needs to lost like 10 pounds ( I think she's trying to support me more than anything, but she always talks about how she has to lose weight.) So at the first meeting... I hadn't gained as much back as I had thought... 10 pounds... but in the fist week I lost 3.5 so it's not too bad of a backslide. I am hoping that going to these meetings and paying every week and counting points like a little idiot, will help me in my miserable failure of weight loss. I'm just going to post last weeks weight and we will go from there... the last two meetings I have stayed at the same weight. I'm hoping for a loss this week. I went to the gym a couple of times and have been counting points a little better. I'm so bad at this! I hate keeping track of stuff but that's what I get for my unhealthy habits. More next week. I'll do better at the blogging I promise!

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Change takes time. Just take it one day at a time. Eventually you'll start making better decisions. I've backslid a few times myself but I've still manage to lose over 60 pounds. Just try and make more good decisions than bad decisions. You can do it. You are doing it as a matter of fact. As soon as you decided to lose weight you started to change. Just keep it up.

John said...

Way to go Todd!

I remember hearing a pastor or someone saying that just by getting up you have made forward progress.

A little piece of advice on WeightWatchers... in order to make the program work, you have to "work" the program. Track everything, burn some calories and attend the meetings. I played around with it for over a year. It wasn't until I got serious that the program started working for me.

http://fatbloggers.net

rev. dr. todd said...

ebsfwan,
thanks for the encouragement... support like this certainly gives me a better perspective cuz I can get down on myself very easily. So thank you so much!

rev. dr. todd said...

John,
That's a good point! I have noticed this same thing about WW and I go to the meetings every week but I really have a hard time applying them to my life since it is so much different than the middle aged to older ladies that make up the majority of the crowd. However, I am treating it like an AA meeting and just going will make my focus be healthier. It's not about what I "get out of it" it is about developing the discipline that I need to kick this awful unhealhy habit of being overweight.

Andrew is getting fit said...

No worries Todd. We're all on a journey and it's a better world if we help each other along.