Tuesday, February 19, 2008

lesson learned and facing the music

well, I took it easy last week and it was probably a good thing. Halfway through the first church service on Sunday I was absolutely exhausted. I was still not feeling very well, but I never got sick enough to stop working or stop doing anything, I just didn't work out. So, on Sunday I felt awful and Monday was even worse. It's funny that worship services take so much energy out of me, but I always try to "leave it on the field" so to speak. Well I have been very intentional in my resting and I feel tons better today, so I'll be back at it tomorrow I think. I have come to a few realizations...

1. I eat very unhealthy when I'm sick. I don't know if it is the convenience factor or what but I have cravings when I am sick that I never have when i feel well. I seem to have less self control too, so I give into them. I never realized this before, but looking back on it this is why getting sick puts me so far back. Maybe it is memories of getting whatever I wanted when I was young and didn't feel well and so I treat myself the same way now... who knows!

2. I saw a video of myself today speaking at a conference last weekend. Ouch... nothing like that to give you a huge wake up call! I look terrible!!! I'm very motivated to go to the gym tomorrow, I just don't want to relapse or anything.

3. I'm gonna go weigh in tomorrow... I have eaten very badly and not done any excercise so I'm looking at a 3 - 5 pound gain I'm afraid, but I'm gonna face the music. I thought about using my week off coupon and not weighing in, but I really don't want to take it easy on myself. Being sick is no excuse... I made some very bad decisions and I need to break that pattern next time I'm sick.

No comments: