Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Breaking patterns

I’m running into a bad pattern right now. Many times when I begin to workout after not working out in a while, I get sick. I never know how much to do when I get sick and I usually don’t do anything except try to get better. I get behind in work and things in that time and then it is a while before I get back in the gym again. This kind of thing happens quite a bit. So my question to all of you is: Should you work out when you are getting sick or are sick? Does it make it harder to get better, or does it speed the recovery process by getting your body going? When I don’t feel well, it is easier than ever to make excuses why I shouldn’t work out. I really want to do what will work the best so if any of you have any advice, I’d love to hear it!

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

If it's just a headcold then it's ok to work out. If it's in your chest you need to rest as working out can be dangerous then.

rev. dr. todd said...

hey... that's really good advice man. I think I'm gonna just lift and not run and see how that works.