Wednesday, February 27, 2008

back off the couch

I'm in Austin for a couple of days to meet with some pastors around here. This is where my weight loss journey took a detour last October or November. I have been trying to recover from that detour ever since. It is hard to stay healthy here because there are so many new things to eat and do and I have friends here that I like to drink with and stuff. I have been pretty good so far... I ran today, which I never even thought of doing last time I was here. I really need to learn to just be healthy no matter where I am or what I am doing. That is my focus on this trip.

I started back on my couch to 10K running project on Sunday. I ran today around Dell and it started out really easy. I was proud of myself because of how easy it was... then I turned around and realized that I had been running downhill the whole time. The way back was pretty rough, but I made it! I'll be back home soon and into the gym and my regular routine again (or at least working on making the gym a regular routine :) ). I had a breakfast bar this morning and I'm gonna eat a salad for lunch so I can indulge a little bit tonight if I want. But... so far so good!

No comments: