Tuesday, February 20, 2018

When: Intermittent fasting my way

The more I'm reading about intermittent fasting the more I am learning. This is a great basic building block to being healthy and losing weight for me because 1. It's easier to not do something than it is to do something, 2. It assists in the rest of my plan and 3. It's a great ancient spiritual practice.

When I am fasting my goal is to fast for 18 hours and eat during a 6 hour period but I give myself a 2 hour buffer because life happens and creating some flexibility only helps me get wins. Getting wins helps me get more wins. Additionally, from what I understand as long as you are fasting for 16 hours you are starting to get the most benefit out of the fast. So by setting my goal a bit higher but letting myself go outside of that goal by a bit, I am most likely to achieve the minimum of what I am shooting for. So I aim to eat between 4 pm and 10 pm each day. I allow myself to eat as early as 2 if I need to, or eat until midnight. Either way. as long as I stop at 10 or begin at 4, I'm good.

A good way to ease into this is to start with a 12 hour fast and when that becomes pretty easy go for 13 and so on. If you do it gradually you will train your body to expect food later and your body actually seems to enjoy the fast. This is just my opinion, it's how I feel. I'm not a doctor, so be sure to always research stuff for yourself. Even if I were a medical doctor, I would give you the same advice.

UPDATE
Feb. 13, 2018         this week           total           to next goal           to total goal
Weight: 302 lbs      -2.6                    -13             -2                          -102
Body Fat: 40.6%    -.2                      -.8              -.6                         -20.6%
Water: 43.9%         +.2                                        +17.1
Muscle: 34.0%       +.1                     +.5              +1                         +16%
Bone Mass: 35.0     -.2                      -1               +2                         +5
BMI: 43.2               -.4                      -1.8             -3.2                       -18.2
BMR: 2283             -763 maybe the last reading was off

No comments: